Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Field trip

Hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was told to write a blog about a field trip to any place or about the field trip to the Holocaust Museum. So ya I decided to write about our trip to the Unites States Holocaust Museum. So here it is:

 Our trip to the Holocaust Museum was pretty... good. I guess. It was fun, educational, and pretty interesting. We learned about the Holocaust at school, but at the museum we got a different understanding (much better). We actually saw some things from the Holocaust. In my point or view the trip gave us a better understanding to what the Holocaust is. I'm not saying that I didn't learn anything at school, I'm just saying that the trip helped me understand better. I realized how badly the people were retreated.
 Our guide Billy was amazing at explaining things. He not only explained us what was the Holocaust but he also explained us what was going on around the world during the Holocaust. He told us about some athletes at that time. Which was pretty interesting, because athletes like sports and so do I. And I mostly like hockey and soccer which Billy didn't talk about but that's ok, totally fine.
 So moving on... oh wait there was this train part that we got to go in in. It was a train part from the Holocaust time (idk what it's called). So when we went in it was dark in there (I'm not saying I was scared). When I looked around I thought about how 100s of people fitted in, in this small box...train part???!!! Now after going into the small box train thing I thought how crowed the people must have been, and how quickly diseases would have spread between them all. I felt terrible at that moment. I felt the tears about to come running down my eyes. (But I held them back.) It was so sad.
 There was this one part were we had to walk over the wooden floors, and the walls at that place were the exact same ones the people in the ghettos had. I thought about how much that hurt them, because they had to wear clogs that were shoes made of wood and even the floors were made of wood. That would hurt.
Over all the trip to the Holocaust Museum was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment